Saturday, November 2, 2013

First trip to Sally's


I took a trip to Sally's Beauty Supply store today for the first time and I have to say I was not impressed at all. The main reason for me going was to get pure coconut oil, Elasta QP, and Aphogee 2 step protein treatment. They didn't have the coconut oil or the moisturizer, and they only had these little packs of the protein treatment. Huge disappointment. What I did end up getting is a wide tooth comb, because my old one grew legs and waked away, Creme of Nature argan oil moisturizer, Creme of Nature Argan oil leave in conditioner, and the small packets of Aphogee. They didn't have any oil that I wanted so I went to another beauty supply store (which also didn't have coconut oil -__-) and got B's Jamaican Black Castor Oil. Thankfully my mom sent my HUGE bottle of grape seed oil so I can use that to seal. The second store did have the Elasta QP moisturizer but I didn't get it since I already picked up a different brand. We'll see how I like it. I'll be doing a product review on all of these sometime in the next week. 

I've been thinking alot about what I want to incorporate into my regimen. I really want need to stay on top of things like I used to. So here it is:

Wash Days

  • Prepoo: either using conditioner or doing a hot oil treatment using JBCO
  • Shampoo once a week using Herbal Essences Hello Hydration
  • Deep condition once a week
  • Protein treatment once a month using Aphogee 2 Step Treatment.
  • Apply Creme of Nature Leave in conditioner


Maintenance

  • Moisturize and seal nightly using Cream of Nature Argan Oil moisturizer and grape seed oil
  • Wrap hair and cover with a silk scarf nightly.
  • Stretch relaxers to at least 12 weeks (not sure how this will work out with this short hair)
  • Apply JBCO / do scalp massages 3x a week
That's all i have for now. Nothing major, I like to keep things simple. I'd also like to throw in my first impression of a few my new products. The Creme of Nature products smell nice. It's a very light scent so it's not overpowering. The moisturizer is a little looser than what I'm used to though. The JBCO smells horrible. I took a whiff of it and choked lol. Anyway, today is wash day (hopefully) and I'll come back with an update :)




2 comments:

  1. JBCO takes some time to get used to. It's so thick that I can only use it on my scalp as a pre-poo in wash days!

    KLP | SavingOurStrands

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's exactly what I used it for! My hair was really soft after washing it, which was shocking since I also did the protein treatment.

      Delete