Saturday, November 30, 2013

It's protective styling season!

Hey all! It's been awhile but hey, it's the holiday season and we all know how that goes. Life gets in the way... of everything. Just a quick update, I've continued to wash weekly and  moisturize and seal daily using Creme of Nature Argan Oil Moisturizer and grape seed oil. I've also been applying JBCO to my scalp and massaging it in nightly. Since using JBCO my hair seems so much thicker than usual, and its always thick! I'm planning to stretch my relaxer to the end of January, and as you can see from this picture, it's feeling like I need one NOW! But since I'm trying to get my hair back in tip top shape, I won't. What will I do? Begin protective styling, of course. So this is my beginning length. It's definitely grown a lot since I cut it back in July. I can even get into a little ponytail that I'm too embarrassed to ever show you a picture of :).


It's winter, or at least it feels like it, and around this time my hair, and probably yours too, tends to be more dry than usual. By protective styling I'll be able to combat breakage because my ends won't be exposed to the harsh winds and other elements. So my first style of the season will be Patra braids (aka poetic justice braids / Solange braids / WHATEVER you wanna call them. I went to the beauty supply store and got ten packs of kanekalon hair and a pack of elastic headbands. I can't wait to put my hair in a bun again! It's been far too long.

I'll be installing them tonight and keeping them in until January 25, 2014. Speaking of which, can you believe its almost 2014?! I can't! Anyway, as far as my regimen goes, I'll still be using JBCO nightly for sure. I will NOT be washing weekly, just when I feel it's necessary. I'll be mixing a few oils and some conditioner to use as a braid spray for moisture, and sometimes I may just use my leave in conditioner. When I take them out I'll be getting a relaxer and a much needed trim. I was planning to get one when I go visit my mom for Christmas but I refuse to take these braids out after only four weeks. It works out though, because it wont be as short after my trim since I'll (hopefully) have a decent amount of growth over the next eight weeks. That's all for now. I'll be back with pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment