Thursday, October 31, 2013

November Goals!

Happy Halloween! I took my 5 year old son Kaylin trick or treating for the first time today. We went out twice actually. The first time we got rained out so we went back out later in the evening. Had to make sure he got a proper experience right? Of course! We didn't get as much candy as we would have earlier in the day but that's fine. What we got is definitely a much healthier amount... for me and him both. With that being said, after eating two pieces of his Halloween candy, I decided that it's time to get back to being healthy and set some goals for myself.

Goal #1: No junk food. NONE. This is going to be especially hard for me. What can I say? I love snacking. And not even the healthy snacks. No, no, no. I just have to have candy, cookies, and ice cream. You know, the things you should avoid when you want to lose weight. Luckily, I do love my fruit and vegetables. The problem is, when I want something sweet my first thought is not to grab an apple. I need to change that. When I go grocery shopping I need to make sure I get enough fruit and add things like rice cakes to my list. I am nervous but I think I can do it!

Goal # 2: Limit heat styling to once a week. As I said in my first post, this is how often I was flat ironing my hair during my original HHJ. The problem is that flat ironing daily has become routine with my short cut and that's no good. Plain and simple, it has to stop. Hopefully I can break this bad habit.

Goal # 3: Moisturize and seal EVERY night. This has become a major problem for me since cutting my hair. I used to m&s faithfully, wrap my hair, and cover it with a silk scarf faithfully. Clearly the stylist cut off more than hair because my good habits went right out the window as well. I need those back! Right now I'm using ORS Olive Oil moisturizer but after I hit the beauty supply store this weekend I'll be back to my Elasta QP. Not that there's anything wrong with ORS, Elasta QP just works better for my hair. To seal I'll be using either grape seed oil or coconut oil. Coconut is my favorite but I haven't really experienced grape seed oil so that may change.

Goal # 4: Drink more water! I love water and drink it daily, but certainly nowhere near the recommended eight glasses. I've been drinking way too much soda and I'm pretty sure that's been adding to the breakouts I'm experiencing. So for healthier skin, hair, and healthier everything else, more water will be just what the doctor ordered.

That's all for tonight, I'm beat! Good night world  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment