Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Patra Braids: Update

BEFORE
AFTER


Soooo after three weeks I got my edges touched up. As you can see in the first picture, they were looking really bad with all the new growth. The middle section is growing fast too, but at least I can cover those up. In all my years of wearing braids, my hair has never grown this fast. Ever. But at the same time, I was one of those people who put braids in and left it alone for two months. In fact, the only thing I did do was wash them back then. I never even knew about moisturizing and sealing until 2011. Thankfully, I know better now.

What have I been doing to my hair? I've been applying JBCO every night faithfully. I started doing this on November 1st and basically continued it while I have my braids. I've also been spraying my hair with my leave in conditioner (water based) for moisture and sealing with coconut oil nightly. I'd have to say that my personal JBCO challenge is going well because that is the only thing I've been doing differently and my hair is growing faster than usual. I'd also like to throw in there that I've washed my hair once so far. Like I mentioned before, I won't be washing weekly. And now that I've done it I know for a fact that I'll only be washing when necessary because these things are 10x as heavy when wet and they take forever to dry.

How long will I keep these in? This set of braids will be staying put until February 1, 2014. After removing them, I'll wear my hair out for a week so it can breathe and then I'll be going to get them redone (keeping until April). Also, I will NOT be touching up my edges again with this set. I really only did it because I am going away for a week and I couldn't go looking crazy. Plus, my widow's peak popped out and I HATE that thing! Anyway, I don't want to put too much strain on my edges so they will be left alone for the next five weeks.

Overall, I really like these braids. They give me the ability to wear a bun again and everyone knows I love a good bun. I don't like micros so I'm pretty sure this will be my go to protective style during the colder months.

By the way, Merry Christmas! I hope everyone had a great one and spent it among family and friends. Good night!


No comments:

Post a Comment