Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Relaxer Day!

Today is the day! I finally sat down and relaxed my hair. I used Africa's Best again and once again, I am not disappointed. My hair looks and feels amazing just like the last time I used this brand.

This is what my hair was looking like before I got started. Luckily, it looks worse than it felt. Thanks to moisturizing and sealing my new growth was nice and soft. I had to include the picture of this shed hair. I was looking at the hairs in my comb (like I always do) and I came across this one. I know what my natural curl pattern looks like so I knew that this hair was pretty much all new growth. The picture on the bottom is of me and my son stretching it so see just how long it was. I thought it was pretty interesting.

01/24/14
07/16/14
Here are my results! The picture on the left is my relaxer in January and the one on the right is from today. I am EXTREMELY happy! I did do a minor trim and fortunately there wasn't much that needed to come off. The picture below shows what I trimmed off. There is more hair there than it looks like, it just looks like less because I had already started gathering it when I remembered to take the picture.  


I really can't complain at all about this progress. The pictures of the back of my hair show a significant amount of growth over the last six months. 

I took the same steps I always take when I do a relaxer. I parted my hair in four sections before applying it, rinsed it out, deep conditioned for fifteen minutes under the dryer, rinsed again, roller set my hair on my purple rollers (my hair is long enough for them again!), and flat ironed. After I deep conditioned, I applied my Creme of Nature Argan Oil leave in conditioner, moisturizer, and some grape seed oil. After sitting under the dryer for 45 minutes on medium heat, I flat ironed and trimmed my hair. I used my Babyliss Pro flat iron on 15 (310 degrees). After it was all said and done, I just wrapped my hair and covered it with my silk scarf. 

Now that my relaxer is done, I can definitely say that my 25 week stretch was a success. I'm not sure if I'll be going a full six months again but I know for sure that I won't be doing another relaxer until at least November 7th (16 weeks). Either way, I hope I continue to retain everything I grow!

No comments:

Post a Comment